As you can surely imagine, the benefits of converting to a system using energy produced by solar power panels can be enormous. If you are tired of relying on traditional power usage and being subject to the rising costs of traditional power, perhaps converting your house to solar energy panels is a viable option for you. Here is a short list of benefits you may experience.
- Though there is an initial cost of converting to solar power, the net investment is relatively low.
- The amount of money you pay for electricity in the long run will likely be greatly reduced.
- Using solar power panels will give you independence and security from rising oil and fossil fuel prices.
- Energy produced from solar power panels is coming from a renewable source; as long as you have the equipment to harness the energy, there is no end to it.
- There may be federal and/or state tax incentives available to you for converting to solar energy. Talk to a professional technician in your area to find out details.
- The system is expandable, so you may initially choose only to have some of your power system reliant on solar power panels. For example, you could set up your home power system, so only your heating and cooling is solar powered; heating and cooling can account for 70% or more of the average household energy usage.
- With a grid-tie system, which most systems are, it is possible to produce more energy than you use, and the excess energy goes into the power grid. In such a case, your electric company may actually pay you or give you a credit on your bill.
- The value of your home will be appreciated with the installation of a solar power system.
- Energy produced through solar power panels emits no pollution.