According to research from Energy Star, 50 percent of all heat pumps have significant problems with leaky air ducts, inadequate airflow and incorrect refrigerant pressure. These factors affect the performance of your heat pump system, making it work harder and use more energy.
Your HVAC technician can improve the performance of your heat pump system by performing these tasks and checks:
- Check the refrigerant charge and correct it, if necessary.
- Make sure the duct system is properly sealed, clean and insulated.
- Check the airflow and fan speed.
If you have an annual maintenance plan, your technician can check the ducts, airflow and refrigerant on his next visit. If you hear noises in your ducts or coming from the blower, you should call for service right away.In addition to the maintenance performed by your HVAC technician, there are a few things you can do to improve airflow and performance of your heat pump system:
- Make sure there is no furniture blocking vents and air returns.
- Vacuum dirty vent and air return covers.
- Change air filters regularly.
Homeowners in the Charlotte, North Carolina area can call Acosta Heating, Cooling & Electrical for guaranteed service and maintenance by trained technicians. For your peace of mind, we offer maintenance and service plans to ensure that your system is always operating at peak performance.