Hiring a NATE-certified technician is a big deal. After all, your home comfort and savings depend on it. That’s why you can trust that the job will be well done, whether it’s a repair, maintenance or replacement job.
You can rest assured that a NATE-certified technician is the best possible designation to utilize when comparing technicians, because:
- NATE is an independent, non-profit organization – Nationwide, contractors and customers alike value the NATE badge, with manufacturers, utility companies and heating and cooling contractors participating in, developing and approving its testing.
- NATE covers all the bases – With NATE testing, technicians can attain certification in all areas of HVAC, including service and installation of all types of heating and cooling equipment, including energy-efficiency certification.
- NATE thoroughly tests the technician prior to certification – The tests cover all factions of the heating, cooling and ventilation industry. That means that NATE tests don’t simply cover one piece of equipment, like other product-specific training organizations.
- NATE testing covers relevant knowledge – Technicians are grilled on field knowledge, covering day-to-day problems and situations encountered by technicians.
- NATE certification requires continued education credits – If technicians do not have acquire enough credits technicians must retest every five years to maintain NATE certification.
- NATE testing is thorough – While the testing is rigorous, the tests are also comprehensive. Technicians must pass a core test and a specialty test. The core test ensures that technicians have a thorough knowledge of general HVAC scenarios and equipment, while the specialty test, selected by the candidate, covers unique and highly specific knowledge in several fields, like gas furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, air flow, including installation, service and maintenance.
With the value that NATE-certified technicians offer through NATE’s rigorous, comprehensive testing process, it just doesn’t make sense to use any other certification as a qualifier for selecting a technician.Get the best possible performance by choosing a NATE-certified technician. At Acosta Heating & Cooling, we value our NATE-certified technicians, because they allows us to give our Charlotte-area customers top-notch service. If you need help with your HVAC systems, contact us today!