Heaters and furnaces should be serviced once a year by a professional technician. This can be done at any time of the year, but the beginning of Fall is perfect for furnace repair and service to ensure that your heating system is ready for the winter ahead.
When your system is working well, it burns less energy, runs less often and heats more efficiently. Servicing also makes sure that clean air passes through the unit, making your home more allergen and dust-free. An annual maintenance service typically includes:
- Thoroughly cleaning the motor, blower and filter system. More often than not, dirt is the biggest culprit of furnace problems, and it’s the main reason for premature failure.
- Replacing the filter. After the service, this should be done every month during the heating season, so ask the furnace repair technician to show you how to do it yourself.
- Cleaning the pulleys and belts to the blower.
- If needed, adjusting the burner.
- Replacing the oil filter.
- Inspecting the overall structure and parts.
- Inspecting and adjusting the controls and regulators.
Furnace Repair in Charlotte, NC
If a problem is detected at the time of the maintenance service, the technician can give you options for correction. This simple step could save you lots of money by preventing a breakdown that could leave you out in the cold and even lead to broken pipes and other costly disasters.
For reliable furnace repair and service in Charlotte, North Carolina, contact the professionals at Acosta Heating & Cooling to schedule an appointment. Do it today, before the winter kicks in!