Your generator is the source of all the power in your home, so we want to ensure it’s in good working order. If a storm, hurricane, or power outage strikes, your generator may need repairs immediately afterward. For those in or near Charlotte, NC, you can always count on Acosta Heating, Cooling & Electrical to meet and exceed your needs for generator repair.
Call us at (704) 612-0649 or contact us online for all your generator maintenance or repairs, and we’ll make everything right, guaranteed.
Signs Your Generator Needs Repair
The sooner you repair your generator professionally, the cheaper and quicker it’ll be. If you notice any of these signs, you’ll need to contact technicians before it becomes more costly and interferes with your daily life. Here are just a few signs that your generator needs repair ASAP:
- Your generator isn’t starting: Even if your generator starts after a few tries, don’t brush aside this warning sign. There are multiple reasons why this problem is occurring, and professionals will be able to help you diagnose it right away.
- Visible wear on the electrical components: If any wires appear damaged, it’s time to repair them. Exposed wires are electrical and fire hazards and should be treated with severe caution.
- An internal or external leak: If you notice any fluid accumulating around your generator, have it examined by a professional immediately. Look for puddles that might be coolant or oil. If there’s a fuel leak, you’ll smell gasoline and need to have it taken care of by professionals immediately.
- It’s providing decreased power flow: This might be due to your generator’s batteries running low on voltage. Like a car’s battery, there might be corrosion around cables that would need cleaning. If this doesn’t help solve the problem, your battery will need to be replaced.
How To Tell When To Replace Your Generator
Sometimes, your generator is beyond repair. This can be due to multiple reasons, but some of the most common ones include damage or the age of your equipment. Like most mechanical equipment, a generator can last only so many hours. If you notice any of these issues with your generator, you might need it professionally replaced:
- Constant problems and regular repairs: If you’re regularly having issues with your generator, combined with nonstop repair, it’s time for a new generator. You’ll save more money in the long run and won’t have to worry about another repair too soon.
- Increased fuel usage: As your generator ages, it will start consuming more fuel than usual without any increased load or other change. This is due to its age and the wear and tear on different internal parts.
- Inconsistent power output: Generators are designed to provide steady power. If the power output is fluctuating, this is also a sign that internal components are starting to malfunction. There may be parts going bad, so if more than one part is breaking down, you might as well swap out your entire generator for a new one.
Importance of Routine Generator Maintenance
Since generators are sophisticated equipment, you need professional maintenance performed on them annually. However, if you’re using your generator regularly, you’ll need to have it checked anywhere from two to three times within the year. Having this done provides you with multiple benefits:
- Professionals can help identify and replace parts before they become damaged to the point that they affect other parts.
- This saves you money in the long run.
- There may be changes to parts due to movements or wear and tear.
- Your technician will adjust everything, so it all works together more efficiently.
Why Choose Acosta?
Our team at Acosta is a family-run and long-standing business that offers a Peace of Mind Guarantee, so if you are dissatisfied with the service you received, you can let us know. We’ll provide an additional visit at no charge. Along with cleaning up after their work is complete and wearing booties in your home to ensure your floors stay clean, all our techs uphold these high standards:
- Well-mannered and courteous
- Background-checked and drug-screened
- Receive ongoing training to the highest standards
Regarding generators, we offer everything from repairs to installations, maintenance services, and replacements. Our prices are fair and will save you time and money in the long run. We’re always ready to help you with no delay, so call us with any questions today.
What are the different sizes of generators?
The size of a generator is not referring to how big it is physically. When referring to a generator’s size, this rating states its electrical capacity. When choosing the size of your generator, it will depend on the total wattage from the load amount of everything you want to power.
How much do generators cost?
Generators vary in price according to their size, whether they’re portable or not, and any additional features. Portable generators usually start around $3,000, and standby generators go for double that.