Charlotte winters can be brutal — Acosta Heating, Cooling & Electrical is dedicated to helping you ensure that your furnace operates smoothly during those winter months. Whether you need repair, installation, or maintenance, our team is the one for you.
Electric Furnace Services
Sometimes it can be hard to identify what you need to help your furnace run at its best. Our team offers comprehensive services, including:
- Repair: Have you noticed your unit acting odd, making loud noises, that the system won’t start, or has trouble staying on? You may need furnace repair if you notice these signs with your furnace. Our team will inspect your unit, identify the issue, and provide a solution.
- Installation & replacement: If your system struggles to keep up with the cold temperatures or is 15+ years old, it may be time to consider a new unit. Our team offers installation and replacement services to help you with this process.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is the best way to get the most out of your unit. Annual checkups on your system allow experts to solve issues before they become serious problems and help extend the lifetime of your furnace.
Electric vs. Gas Furnaces
Electric and gas furnaces are common in the Charlotte area, and each has advantages and disadvantages.
Whether you have a gas or electric furnace, you can ensure that each system will adequately heat your home. Additionally, both units have a similar life span — if the furnace is kept in good condition, it can last you at least 15 years.
Gas furnaces heat your home faster because they are connected to a gas line rather than electric. They save money on your energy bill because they are not connected to your home’s electricity. Electric furnaces are typically cheaper and easier to install since they don’t have to be connected to a gas line.
Signs Your Electric Furnace Needs Repair
The last thing you want is to let your furnace malfunction until it hits a breaking point. Signs that you need to get your furnace repaired include:
- The system has a hard time turning on: If your furnace is struggling to turn on or you notice that it operates in short, choppy periods, it’s likely in need of repair.
- Your furnace can’t keep up with the outside temperatures: Feel like your home remains cold even though your furnace is running? Chances are that the system’s productivity has declined, and you need to have an expert inspect it.
- Foul odors coming from your furnace: While there are natural odors that come with a furnace, if you notice a strong, persisting smell, it would be wise to schedule an appointment to have it inspected.
- Unusual increase in electricity bill: If your electricity bill is higher than it should be, it might be traced back to your furnace. When a system malfunctions, it uses more electricity and raises your bill.
Why Choose Acosta Heating & Cooling?
Our family-run company prides itself on providing high-quality work and an easy experience, having served Charlotte since 1972. We offer peace of mind guarantees to assure the quality of the work from our background-checked and highly trained technicians.
Can my furnace run without an air filter?
Though a furnace will run without a filter, running your system without a filter for more than a couple of days will dangerously affect the air quality in your home and can cause issues for your unit.
How often will I need to replace my furnace?
Every furnace is different, but a high-quality one should last 10 to 15 years. If you conduct annual maintenance and keep your unit in good shape, it could be 20 years before it needs to be replaced.