The level of comfort that you and your family enjoy indoors is obviously related to the efficiency of your air conditioning system. Ventilation and insulation are also important factors in keeping your family safe and comfortable. To ensure these needs are met, you should hire a reliable and professional heating, ventilation and air conditioning contractor.
Here are some important things to consider when choosing an HVAC contractor:
- Ensure that the contractor is licensed to operate by the local and state municipality. Even though this is mandatory in North Carolina, not all companies are licensed.
- If they have a website, it should be informative and provide evidence of their professionalism, reliability and knowledge. They should be members of associations that have recognized their value and commitment to the HVAC industry and the community.
- The installers and technicians should be professionally trained and NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified. NATE is a professional body that examines, qualifies and certifies HVAC technicians in every aspect of heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- The prospective contractor and technicians should be familiar with the climate in North Carolina and how weather conditions affect air conditioning systems at different times of the year.
- Whether you need standard service, emergency service or scheduled air conditioning maintenance, they should be able to provide names of satisfied customers in your area.
- They should be willing to give you a written guarantee that their products and services will be to your satisfaction – 100%.
- Customer service, including online and telephone communication, should be professional, polite and friendly at all times.