Over time, your heating system’s ductwork can develop cracks and openings that allow heated air to escape before it even has a chance to reach your living space. These hidden leaks can rob your home of efficiency, costing you a bundle in wasted energy. Fortunately, you can eliminate this problem by making sure your home’s ducts are tightly sealed.
There are number of benefits associated with having properly sealed ducts, including the following:
- Lower energy costs – Eliminating leaks in your ductwork can dramatically reduce your home’s energy usage, resulting in significant savings on your heating and cooling costs.
- Improved air quality – Fumes, dust and other pollutants can find their way into ductwork through unsealed cracks and openings, where they can then be distributed throughout your entire living area. Sealing your ducts can stop these contaminants from entering your heating system, thus improving your indoor air quality.
- A more comfortable home – When your ducts are tightly sealed, heated or cooled air can get to the areas of your home where it most needed, making your entire living area more comfortable and inviting.
- Improved safety – Leaky ductwork can cause potentially deadly gases like carbon monoxide to backdraft into your home. Sealing your ductwork reduces this risk.
- A healthier planet – Sealing your ductwork can improve the efficiency of your entire heating system, reducing your overall energy usage. This can help to protect the environment for future generations to enjoy.
The cost of professional duct sealing can quickly be recouped through energy savings, making it a worthwhile investment for most homeowners.
If you live in central North Carolina and would like to learn more about how duct sealing can save you money and improve the efficiency of your home, contact us at Acosta Heating & Cooling. Our knowledgeable staff is more than happy to answer your questions and help you find affordable solutions for all your home heating and cooling needs.