All across the nation, energy prices are on the rise. As a result, heating costs will probably chew up a bigger portion of your home’s energy budget this winter. That’s why it’s important to have your heating system energy-ready to ensure you’re not wasting your dollars.
Here are some ways to make your home warm and comfortable, while keeping those rising energy bills at bay:
- It’s Fall now – the ideal time to have a professional technician inspect and service your system to ensure it’s in good working order.
- Every month, replace the filter. Your system will use less energy, work less hard, and last longer as a result. Another simple task you can do yourself if to clean and remove dust and dirt along baseboard heaters and from the vents.
- If your heating system is old, it may be time to update it.
- Reverse the switch on all ceiling fans. By doing this in winter, the blades push air upwards, which is especially beneficial in rooms with high ceilings where heat that naturally rises is forced back down.
- Ensure that all heating vents are open and not blocked by furniture or other objects. This will ensure that warm air is distributed evenly through your home.
- Use a programmable thermostat. It allows you to automatically switch your heating system off, or to reduce the temperature while you are asleep at night or when you are at work. When you return, your home will be warm and comfortable. Remember, less energy is needed to heat a cold home than maintaining a warm temperature all the time.
If you need service on your heating system in Charlotte NC, contact us at Acosta Heating & Cooling. We provide quality HVAC products & services at affordable rates. Give us a call today!