There could be more to your leaking air conditioner than just a pool of water. Not only could you end up with mold or water damage, but you could also be running an inefficient cooling system that is costing you money in the long run. There are a couple of common reasons that your air conditioner is leaking, however, and our professionals at Acosta Heating and Cooling can provide the solutions you need.
When we arrive for air conditioning repair services at your home or business in Charlotte, North Carolina, we’ll check for these two common repair items and provide the necessary fixes:
Condensate Problems – Not only does your air conditioner cool the air inside your home or business, but it also removes humidity. Typically, any condensation is removed from your system without issue, but if not, an air conditioning repair could be in order. Repair solutions for this problem include:
- Checking your condensate drain pain for damage and replacing it
- Clearing blockages in your condensate drain and replacing the water line, if needed
- Repairing or replacing a broken condensate pump to keep water moving properly
Frozen Evaporator Coils – If ice forms on your evaporator coils, this could lead to melting and overflow from your drain pan. Our air conditioning repair solutions for this problem include:
- Cleaning or replacing your filter so there is better airflow through your coils.
- Adding refrigerant so that you have enough pressure for your coils to properly remove heat from the air. We’ll also check for refrigerant leaks in your AC unit.
- Checking your fan for low airflow through the coil and providing the necessary repair.
At Acosta Heating and Cooling, we know how much you rely on your air conditioner from day-to-day in Charlotte, so make sure to give us a call if you need air conditioning repair at your home or business in Charlotte.