EV charging stations make it easier for you to “go green” and cut your gas bills at the same time. At Acosta Heating, Cooling & Electrical, our electricians can install at-home EV charging stations that make it a breeze for homeowners in Charlotte and surrounding communities to keep their electric vehicles on the road. We can help you select the ideal system for your needs, determine the ideal placement, and more. We offer systems produced by leading manufacturers, and our strict adherence to safety and attention to detail ensure your EV charger will provide the safe and reliable operation you require!
Call Acosta at 704.527.7401 to find out more about our EV charger installation services in Charlotte, NC, and surrounding communities
The Levels of EV Charging Stations
There are three types, or levels, of EV charging stations. The different charging stations include:
- Level 1: Level 1 charging stations are 110- to 120-volt systems that will charge your vehicle at a rate of roughly 2 to 5 miles per hour of charging.
- Level 2: Level 2 charging stations are 208- to 240-volt systems and will replenish your batteries at a rate of 12 to 80 miles per hour of charging. For most EVs, it takes between four to five hours to achieve a complete charge.
- Level 3: Level 3 charging stations are the gold standard of EV charging options but are reserved for commercial use. At around 400 volts, these charging stations can replenish your batteries at a rate of anywhere from 75 to 1,200 miles per hour of charging.
Level 1 chargers often come with your electric car when you purchase it and can be plugged into most standard outlets. Upgrading to a Level 2 charger can significantly cut down on your charging time. At Acosta, we can equip you with a Level 2 charger so that you can have your EV charged and ready to go when you need it.
Call Acosta at 704.527.7401 to schedule an installation for an EV charger in Charlotte, NC.
EV Charging Station Installation
Our electricians have completed specialized training on the installation of residential EV charging stations. We adhere to strict safety and quality standards and will thoroughly test your system to confirm proper operation. Our electricians will position, connect, and secure your EV charging station in a convenient location. We will show you how to use and optimize the system, and we are happy to discuss recommended safety protocols, warranty requirements, and other critical details with you.
Call 704.527.7401 to schedule EV charging station installation in Charlotte, NC, today!
Why Choose Acosta?
For more than 50 years, Acosta Heating, Cooling & Electrical has helped our clients embrace and enjoy the greatest utility from the latest technologies. It is our pleasure to help North and South Carolinians enjoy the many benefits electric vehicles offer with the convenience of at-home charging. Our background-checked technicians are dedicated experts who are committed to delivering superior service and exceptional quality. When you choose our team, you can rest assured we will always do our very best to ensure your comfort and satisfaction!
Contact Acosta Heating, Cooling & Electrical at 704.527.7401 to get started with an EV charging station installation in Charlotte or the surrounding areas of North and South Carolina.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my EV charging station work with all electric vehicles?
An EV charging station can work with almost all makes of electric vehicles as long as it is situated with the appropriate adapter.
What incentives are available to install an EV charger?
Homeowners in North Carolina who purchase electric vehicles and install EV charging stations are eligible for a wide range of benefits, including:
- Exemptions from NC vehicle and emissions inspections
- Unrestricted use of NC HOV lanes
- Cost saving rebates for homeowners who install a Level 2 charger