With the hot summers in the Charlotte area, it is never a good thing when you come home expecting to find a cool, comfortable house and are hit with a wall of heat instead. Air conditioning problems are frustrating, but the good news is that there is help right here in Charlotte.
With more than 45 years of professional HVAC experience, our certified technicians at Acosta Heating & Cooling can find the problem and have your air conditioner back running in very little time. We offer air conditioning repair throughout the Charlotte metro area, including Waxhaw, Weddington, Indian Trail, and beyond.
Has your air conditioner stopped working? Call Acosta Heating & Cooling today at (704) 527-7401(704) 527-7401or contact us online for fast, professional air conditioning repairs anywhere in the Charlotte area!
Common Causes of Air Conditioning Failures
When an air conditioning system suddenly stops working, you may automatically assume the worst. But, major repairs are not always necessary. Sometimes the problem can be something simple, like a clogged air filter or a tripped breaker. Here are some of the most frequent causes of a sudden air conditioner failure:
- Thermostat problems – An incorrectly set thermostat, a faulty thermostat, or a digital thermostat with dead batteries may prevent the system from turning on.
- Tripped breaker – On especially hot days in the Charlotte area, it is not unheard of for the air conditioner to trip the breaker at full load.
- Poor airflow – Poor airflow due to a dirty filter, blower problems, or duct obstructions can put extra load on the system, causing the compressor to overheat and shut the system down.
- Clogged condensate drain – If condensed water accumulates in the drain pan due to a clogged condensate drain, a float switch may turn the system off for safety.
- Frozen evaporator – Often caused by poor airflow or low refrigerant, a frozen evaporator can cause the compressor to overheat and shut the system off.
- Improper refrigerant charge – Low or high refrigerant pressures could trip a safety switch and shut the system down.
- Compressor problems – A damaged AC compressor, relay, or start capacitor could prevent the system from running.
If the problem cannot be fixed by adjusting the thermostat, replacing the air filter, or resetting the breaker, you may need professional assistance.
For air conditioner troubleshooting in South Park, Myers Park, Eastover, or elsewhere in Charlotte, contact us today!
Air Conditioner Repair in Charlotte
When you need prompt, reliable repairs for your air conditioning system, you can count on our team at Acosta Heating & Cooling. Our talented technicians can find the problem quickly, and with our extensive experience and fully stocked service vehicles, most repairs can be completed on the same day. We service all types of air conditioning equipment, including:
- Central air conditioners
- Heat pumps
- Ductless mini-splits
- Zoned air conditioning systems
- And more
All our repairs are backed by our “Peace of Mind” guarantee, and we also offer air conditioning maintenance to prevent future problems.
Contact us today to schedule AC repair in the Charlotte area!
24-Hour Emergency AC Repairs
Air conditioners don’t always break down when it is convenient. For fast, friendly AC repairs any time, day or night, call our team at Acosta Heating & Cooling.
Need emergency HVAC repair in Charlotte? Call (704) 527-7401(704) 527-7401now!
Schedule Air Conditioning Repairs in Charlotte, NC
Don’t suffer in the heat with a broken air conditioner. Get your system fixed fast with quality air conditioning repair services from our team at Acosta Heating & Cooling.
Contact us online for AC repairs in Charlotte!