With the hot summers in the Charlotte area, it is never a good thing when you come home expecting to find a cool, comfortable house and are hit with a wall of heat instead. Air conditioning problems are frustrating, but the good news is that there is help right here in Charlotte.
With more than 45 years of professional HVAC experience, our certified technicians at Acosta Heating & Cooling can find the problem and have your air conditioner back running in very little time. We offer air conditioning repair throughout the Charlotte metro area, including Waxhaw, Weddington, Indian Trail, and beyond.
Has your air conditioner stopped working? Call Acosta Heating & Cooling today at (704) 527-7401(704) 527-7401 or contact us online for fast, professional air conditioning repairs anywhere in the Charlotte area!
Receive Greater Care & Comfort by Joining Acosta’s Comfort Club!
All our repairs are backed by our “Peace of Mind” guarantee, and we also offer air conditioning maintenance to prevent future problems. When signing up for the Comfort Club, you can enjoy unique perks, including discounts on service calls, priority scheduling, and two precision HVAC tune-ups a year!
Common Air Conditioner Fixes
When an air conditioning system suddenly stops working, you may automatically assume the worst. But major repairs are not always necessary. Sometimes the problem can be something simple, like a clogged air filter or a tripped breaker. Here are some of the most frequent causes of a sudden air conditioner failure:
- Thermostat problems – An incorrectly set thermostat, a faulty thermostat, or a digital thermostat with dead batteries may prevent the system from turning on.
- Tripped breaker – On especially hot days in the Charlotte area, it is not unheard of for the air conditioner to trip the breaker at full load.
- Poor airflow – Poor airflow due to a dirty filter, blower problems, or duct obstructions can put extra load on the system, causing the compressor to overheat and shut the system down.
- Clogged condensate drain – If condensed water accumulates in the drain pan due to a clogged condensate drain, a float switch may turn the system off for safety.
- Frozen evaporator – Often caused by poor airflow or low refrigerant, a frozen evaporator can cause the compressor to overheat and shut the system off.
- Improper refrigerant charge – Low or high refrigerant pressures could trip a safety switch and shut the system down.
- Compressor problems – A damaged AC compressor, relay, or start capacitor could prevent the system from running.
If the problem cannot be fixed by adjusting the thermostat, replacing the air filter, or resetting the breaker, you may need professional assistance.
For air conditioner troubleshooting in South Park, Myers Park, Eastover, or elsewhere in Charlotte, contact us today!
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
Your air conditioner will give you signs that there are problems brewing that will require repairs in the near future. These signs may come individually, or more commonly, as part of a cluster of issues that you can’t ignore. When you notice any of the following, it’s advisable to schedule a service call to identify the specific problem and correct it before further damage to your system occurs.
- Insufficient airflow can indicate blockages within the ductwork, broken motors, lack of refrigerant, etc.
- Frequent cycling is often caused by insufficiently sized air conditioners, but it can also be because of damaged thermostats or electrical faults.
- High humidity within the home can be due to an oversized air conditioner or problems with the coils that cause them to freeze up and cease functioning.
- Pooling water or refrigerant around the air conditioner can occur for many reasons. The most common is because of leaks within the coils.
- Noxious odors can indicate the growth of microbial growth in the system.
- Bangs, clangs, clicks, and clacks are often caused by malfunctioning blower motors, damaged fan blades, or loose components that shake, rattle, and roll when they should be silent.
Concerned about your air conditioner? Contact Acosta Heating & Cooling at (704) 527-7401 and our certified HVAC technicians will help you identify the source of the problem. You can depend on our team in Charlotte to deliver reliable advice and dependable service for your family’s comfort.
24-Hour Emergency Air Conditioner Repairs
Day or night, weekend or holiday, our certified HVAC technicians are available to answer your call. When your air conditioner slows down or breaks down, we will dispatch a technician to your home to solve the problem and perform the necessary repairs. Our technician will arrive with all the tools, training, and replacement parts required.
Contact Acosta Heating & Cooling at (704) 527-7401 for fast and efficient HVAC repair services.
The Acosta Advantage
Our clients depend on the team at Acosta Heating & Cooling to keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter. With nearly 50 years of experience under our tool belts, we have a broad knowledge of heating and cooling systems that we use to optimize our client’s comfort. When you choose Acosta, you can count on our team to deliver advice you can trust, solid installations, and repairs that you can count on season after season.
Contact Acosta Heating & Cooling at (704) 527-7401 for more information about our company and to learn more about the services we offer to clients throughout the Charlotte region. We are always happy to answer your questions and help you choose the ideal systems and maintenance packages for your needs.
Air Conditioner Repair in Charlotte
When you need prompt, reliable repairs for your air conditioning system, you can count on our team at Acosta Heating & Cooling. Our talented technicians can find the problem quickly, and with our extensive experience and fully stocked service vehicles, most repairs can be completed on the same day. We service all types of air conditioning equipment, including:
All our repairs are backed by our “Peace of Mind” guarantee, and we also offer air conditioning maintenance to prevent future problems.
Contact us today to schedule AC repair in Charlotte – call (704) 527-7401.
Schedule Air Conditioning Repairs in Charlotte
Don’t suffer in the heat with a broken air conditioner. Get your system fixed fast with quality air conditioning repair services from our team at Acosta Heating & Cooling.
Contact us online for AC repairs in Charlotte – call (704) 527-7401.