Installing a new thermostat in your Charlotte, NC, area home is one of the simplest and most cost-effective steps you can take to save money and energy. People often ask if there’s a “best” thermostat they should buy. In our view, the best thermostat is the one that best meets your wants and needs. It should be compatible with your existing HVAC system, come with features that make life simpler, and fit your budget.
Get professional thermostat services for your home by calling Acosta Heating, Cooling & Electrical at (704) 527-7401!
Types of Thermostats
Homeowners now have more thermostat choices than ever. Which thermostat you choose usually comes down to personal preference. The three basic types of thermostats available today are:
- Manual. A manual thermostat is your least expensive choice and the most straightforward to operate. Modern versions come with LED screens and a few buttons that let you raise and lower the indoor temperature.
- Programmable. Programmable thermostats take heating and cooling your home one step further, allowing you to set heating and cooling schedules based on activity in your house. For instance, you can schedule the furnace or AC to come on at 7 a.m. on weekdays, turn off during the day, and then come back on shortly before everyone gets home.
- Smart/Wi-Fi enabled. The newest type on the market, you can control a smart thermostat from any mobile device. Many learn your daily habits, so there’s less programming as time goes by. Along with remote energy management, many also feature encryption coding, climate adaptation, and keyboard locks.
Some homeowners prefer to replace or install a thermostat themselves, but newer models often involve electrical work, which is best left to a professional.
Call Acosta at (704) 527-7401 or contact us online to discuss your thermostat options and schedule an installation.
You can trace many of your home’s HVAC system problems back to the thermostat. Sometimes, the thermostat is merely out of adjustment; other times, the batteries are dead. These are generally easy fixes. Four signs your thermostat isn’t working right and might need professional repair or replacement are:
- It has no power or is unresponsive.
- The heater, furnace, or air conditioner won’t turn on.
- Your heater or AC runs constantly and won’t switch off.
- The temperature displayed on the thermostat doesn’t match the indoor temp.
Fortunately, thermostats now have what’s called an “emergency heat” or EM mode. Many homeowners mistakenly believe they should switch to this mode when it gets really cold outside. The switch is actually for when your heating equipment stops working and you want to use a backup system.
Homes with an EM setting often have heat pumps as their primary heating source and backup gas, oil, or electric furnaces. EM heat should only be used in real emergencies, so you don’t get hit with exorbitant heating bills.
If you’re having issues with your thermostat, turn to the pros at Acosta for help! Call (704) 527-7401 for repair services.
Thermostats From Acosta Heating, Cooling & Electrical
We primarily sell and install Honeywell thermostats and ENERGY STAR® certified ecobee thermostats, and we’re also a Nest-certified professional installer. All our thermostats can help you reach your energy savings goals.
If you’re buying and installing a new thermostat, Acosta Heating, Cooling & Electrical’s technicians have the experience and expertise to get the job done quickly and professionally.
To arrange for thermostat installation at your Charlotte, NC, area home, contact us online today or call (704) 527-7401.